I took a new photo of the original tray I showed you in the last post, and as you can see, the plants are beginning to grow and touch one another. Many of them are sending up buds already, even though I thought I had been thorough in removing all of them. With a slight tug, I can tell they have all rooted, so next week, I'll begin removing the dome on the tray for short periods every day. Within another week or so, it will be off completely.
I also disinfected and cleaned every shelf and most trays (a few are still sitting waiting for me,) and it is so refreshing to see everything sparkling again! At times like this, it seems I have so much room on the stands, which makes buying more very tempting! But I know from experience that within a couple months, all these stripped plants and babies will once again be taking their share of the prime real estate. I'm still not done, though! I didn't quite have the heart to strip all the plants down just yet. The ones I've left are not completely in dire straits just yet, so I plan on tackling the rest in the coming weeks as they finish blooming.